Saturday, September 18, 2010

Inspite of the cost of living, it's still popular ~Kathy Norris

Blogging is strange. Some people write their most intimate and private thoughts on these things for the whole world to see, doesn't that defeat the purpose of personal secrets?

But then maybe it's just a different form of therapy. Instead of talking out your problems with a psychiatrist, you just talk to your blog...which is kinda like talking to yourself...which kinda seems crazy and people will probably think you need a therapist if they think you talk to yourself...what am I on about?

But then again it could come down to our egotistic selves. That is one of the fundamental characteristics that has made humans so successful...we are selfish creatures.. we want everything to be about ourselves. Think about when you were a child...didn't you want everything to be about you? But as we grow older we learn that it is good to be selfless and if your are selfish then you are seen in a negative light. But how can we repress something that is so primal and instinctive?

So I'm joining the blogging world because, like everyone secretly desires, I want everything to be about me. This will be my therapy. Of course, I am not like this in everyday life but I think we all need a little escape from the rigours of our daily routines.

I've decided that I'm going to fill this blog with inspirational and things like quotes, books, philosophical conversations that I have with friends so that I can keep positive. I am generally a happy and positive person but sometimes negative people can... not get me down but... discourage me from sharing my optimism, if that makes any sense.

This is getting way too sappy...I'm not usually a sappy person (verbally) ask my friends and partner, I'm emotionally retarded. Because growing up, we weren't a very emotional family. It was kinda unspoken in my family..we all knew we loved each other, but we didn't speak of it. It was strange. Very strange

Anyway... It's a Saturday afternoon and I should be getting ready for girl's night with my dearest friends Anie, Arnie & Linh. We are an eclectic group. We're all very different and yet exactly the same. But more about them later. I will do an entry about each of them. (I actually wrote "i might do an entry" but changed it to will because lately, i've been lacking in drive, motivation, committment and follow-through. Which is not good, not good at all).

So Welcome to my Rose Garden. Where I will be planting, cultivating and harvesting ideas and philosophies =) How corny is that?

So i'll leave you with a quote that I hope will encourage you to take every opportunity and risk that comes your way and live life to the fullest.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."  ~Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment